Simply by saying with conviction, “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammadur rasoolu Allah,” one 1 and is the (Prophet) of God.” The first part, “There is no true god but ,” means that none has the right to be worshipped but God alone, and that has neither partner nor son. To be a Muslim, one should also:to Islam and becomes a Muslim . This saying means “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah),
- Believe that the Holy is the literal word of , revealed by Him.
- Believe that the Day of (the Day of Resurrection) is true and will come, as God promised in the .
- Accept Islam as his or her religion.
- Not worship anything nor anyone except .
is more joyful at the repentance of someone when he turns to Him in repentance than one of you would be if he were riding his camel in the wilderness, and it runs away from him, carrying his food and drink, so that he loses all hope of getting it back. He comes to a tree and lies down in its shade (awaiting death), for he has lost all hope of finding his camel. Then, while he is in that state (of desperation), suddenly it is there before him! So he seizes its halter and cries out from the depth of his joy, “O God, You are my servant and I am Your Lord!” His mistake comes from the intensity of his joy
Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #2747, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #6309
An important note: If you are interested in converting to Islam or have a question regarding that, then it is highly recommended that you visit “Live Help” through chat that is found near the bottom right of this page, so an advisor may help you in pronouncing the testimony correctly and to provide you with important resources for new Muslims.
The saying, “There is no true god but
- As was mentioned previously, the Arabic word Allah means God (the one and only true God who created the whole universe). This word Allah is a name for God, which is used by Arabic speakers, both Arab Muslims and Arab Christians.